Want to add beauty and tranquility to your home and life? Here are tips from the Austin Living Landscape experts to get your garden ready for the blooms and blossoms of Spring. Yes, it’s already that time to start Spring cleaning and planning your landscape oasis!
Landscape and Garden Spring Cleaning Checklist:
- Review and assess your landscape – plants and shrubs; install Spring annual color; freshen stone and decomposed granite; power wash; clean fire pits, retaining walls and walkways; and clean water feature of leaves and debris
- Remove any winter damage in your landscape beds. Trim, prune, and rake into compost pile for future nutrient rich topdress
- Inspect irrigation for leaks or misdirected sprinkler heads--your driveway doesn’t need to be watered :)
- Fertilize your lawn, trees, and shrubs with organic fertilizer
- Aerate and top dress lawn with a nutrient rich compost blend such as ThunderDirt
- Cut back perennials to prepare for new growth after the last frost
- Trim crossing branches and shape trees. Do NOT top trees
- Add 2-3 inches of mulch in flower beds
This is just a beginning! Call today 512.921.4400 to get your complimentary landscape design and build consultation. We can’t wait to transform your yard into a beautiful oasis.